Music Articles, Free Music Software, Guitar Tuners
Blank Music Sheets
Chord and Scale Programs
Guitar Tab Editors and Players
Music Composition and Notation
Music Slowdown and Looping
Songs in Text and Tab Format
Here are some great 'Freeware'
music programs that you can download for free. They have been tested by us
and are virus free. We use many of these programs ourselves because of their
usefulness - and because they are free!
These programs come in 3 formats:
- Setup programs (an executable program ending in the extension .exe)
- Zip files (ending in the extension .zip)
- PDF - Adobe Acrobat files (ending in the extension .pdf)
- The Setup programs run in the Microsoft Windows 9x,ME,XT,Vista,7 environment.
- The PDF files will run on any operating system that has an Adobe Reader.
- If a zip file contains files in HTML format, they can be viewed on any operating system that has a web browser.
Installing Setup (.exe) files
- Download the setup (.exe) program to your computer.
- Select the 'Start' button at the bottom left of the screen on the Windows desktop.
- Select 'Runů'
- Browse to the .exe program file you downloaded.
- Select 'OK'
- Follow the instructions of the installation program.
Installing Zip (.zip) files
- Download the zip (.zip) file to your computer.
- Use an Unzip program to 'unzip' the files into a directory of your choice.
- Look for a setup .exe file to run. If there is a file named 'Readme.txt', or something similar, open this up in a text editor or word processor and read the instructions for installation.
- If you need a 'Zip/Unzip' program, you can get great freeware Zip/Unzip programs from Info-ZIP at the web site: http://www.info-zip.org
Installing Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) files
- Download the Adobe (.pdf) file to your computer.
- You will need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer to view these files. If you don't have this program, go to the Adobe web site at: http://www.adobe.com and download the free Adobe Reader.